Monday, July 21, 2014

Monday!  Today was our first day on our worksites.

The first day we went to our worksites my group was doing dry wall for a house of a young couple who had just gotten married basically a week or so before sandy hit. The couple were also expecting their first child about 3 weeks after the storm was supposed to hit so they basically fled the house and came back and it was destroyed (it also happened to be their first house they owned.) When we got there we met our site leader Collin and he was really and cool and understanding because no one had ever done dry wall before. It was really cool because the people of the Rockaways were really happy to see us. There was a point where an elderly neighbor noticed all of the dry wall on me and said "you look like you're working hard!" I don't know why that made my day, but it did. So far I am really enjoying my stay in NYC!
-Catherine

AAAAAAAAAAH! I AM HAVING SO MUCH FUN
 -MAX
i got a hat!
-max
ny is soo cool
-max
so much plaster is in my hair!
-max



No comments:

Post a Comment